- This event has passed.
October PDM – My Analytics Journey to Data Science in a Nutshell
October 9, 2019 @ 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM EDT
Please register by Monday, October 7. Attendees will order from the menu and pay for their own meal.
Renee Sweikert, Board Certified Data Scientist, IBM Corp.
How did I get here??, What is a Data Scientist Anyway??
- From Data to Delivering Solution. This segment will help get you from the raw data to delivering an effective solution/deliverable
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Analytics, Visualizations, & Presentations. This section will change the way that you currently look at visualizations and presentations and help guide you to delivering an effective solution
- Data Quality (Choosing the right data, analyzing your data, checking for quality)
- Tips & Tricks of Visualizations
- Tips & Tricks of PowerPoint Presentations, and Presenting
- & More
Worked at IBM for the past 21 years…
2+ years as an IBM Certified Data Scientist:
Client-facing role; Worked closely with the client team to identify and solve business challenges utilizing large structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data in a distributed processing environment. Discovered key ticket drivers, analyzed data using top analytical tools such as: Tableau, Watson Analytics, R, Cognos/SQL, SPSS, Ruby, developed and generated hypotheses, created conclusions from the data, packaged data into insightful visualizations, and delivered substantial ticket savings opportunities.
● 20+ years of experience in IT Delivery with solid analytical skills, problem-solving skills, leadership skills, technical skills and communication abilities
● 10+ years of experience using big data analytics to drive increased quality, productivity, availability, and the ability to deliver high-value insights within IT infrastructures
● 10+ years of experience performing Project Management for IT infrastructure
● 5+ years of experience as an AIX System Administrator supporting Manufacturing, Retail, and Research
● 5+ years of experience performing AIX Level 2 Customer Service Representative-
Hobbies Include: Strategic/Euro Board Gaming, Traveling, Reading