- This event has passed.
May PDM – ISO 9001:2015
May 8, 2019 @ 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM EDT
Please register by Tuesday, May 7. Attendees will order from the menu and pay for their own meal.
Why Go ISO? Peak Performance and Continuous Improvement Strategies
Alex Kwartiroff, PMP
AmRus Consulting, President
Electronic and Aerospace Industry Project Management and ISO certification expert
Alex will discuss the ins and outs of moving an organization to ISO 9000:2015, including:
- Brief introduction to ISO and its history
- Different ISO versions – commonalities and differences
- ISO Quality Management Principles
- Documentation requirements
- How does ISO improve productivity and profitability
- What are the milestones in achieving certification and requirements to maintain it
- ISO certification costs
- Tool to support ISO certification and maintenance
- Alex Kwartiroff is a highly accomplished and seasoned manager, certified as PMP since June 2011, with 25+ years of experience in project management under the AS 9100 standards, and ISO 9001 certification experience in the aerospace and electronic manufacturing industry. Known as an outstanding leader in project management, he has successfully managed within budget and schedule multi-million $ programs in a challenging avionics environment, where safety in the performance of the equipment is a key characteristic. Alex also possesses the experience and skills to train personnel in support of ISO 9001 certification.
- Alex was responsible to develop the company’s internal management processes and procedures, quality policy, and employee training for ISO 9001:2015 certification. His leadership as the Management Representative achieved certification on the first audit. Most recently, as an independent consultant, Alex has been supporting an engineering company in a business development management role. He has prepared proposals related to navigation equipment and has participated in international Flight Inspection symposiums where he presented technical papers.
- Alex gained his diverse business experience by being fully engaged in both technical and management activities. As part of his technical background, he possesses the knowledge of avionics RTCA DO-178 software and DO-254 hardware development guidelines. He has the ability to efficiently manage the entire life-cycle of a development program from initial customer requirements, through design/development, to qualification testing, production readiness, and aircraft certification in accordance with AS9100 aerospace quality standards. Alex also led the transition from engineering development to production, in accordance with the established organization’s project management process.
Licenses & Certifications
Quality Management Systems Lead Auditor using ISO 9001:2015
Project Management Professional (PMP)
- American Society for Quality
- Hauppauge Industrial Association of Long Island
- Project Management Institute
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers