- This event has passed.
CANCELED – March PDM – What Inquiring Management Minds Need to Know: The Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, and Security
March 11, 2020 @ 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM EDT
Tom Myers, CPIM
What Inquiring Management Minds Need to Know: The Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, and Security
What is the Cloud? Are we in it? Can my business use it?
Will robots take over our jobs? Can artificial intelligence help my organization?
How can I protect my technology and information at home? How can I make sure I have an organization that is safe from hackers?
I will answer these questions and more as we explore these subjects from a business manager’s perspective, not from an IT perspective.
In addition, I’ll offer many tips about these topics to help make you both smarter in your personal and business lives and more valuable to your organization.
Whether or not you attended the recent ASCM/ASQ presentation about blockchain, come and find out about these other hot topics in the technology realm.
- Mount Saint Mary College MBA students avail of my expertise when they sit for my Management Information Systems class.
- I most recently worked for Oracle Corporation as a technical communications manager. My group develops documentation, training material, and screencasts about Oracle software products that help businesses to plan their manufacturing and distribution functions.
- Previously, I’ve worked as a systems analyst, corporate trainer, implementation consulting manager, and information systems director.
- In my career, I have met and advised manufacturing and financial implementation teams and company management in a wide variety of industries–from doors and windows, steel fabrication, computers, aircraft engine overhaul, and retail furnishings to hand grenades and golf clubs.
- I’m APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (LSSYB), and serve as the Secretary for the Mid-Hudson Chapter of the Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM).
- Also active in the Society for Technical Communication (STC), I served the New York Metro Chapter as 2d Vice President and the Santa Barbara and Los Angeles Chapters as Treasurer. I have been a judge, a team lead judge, and the online entries manager in the New York-Philadelphia-New England-Atlanta-Houston-Rochester Regional TechComm Competition.
- I have a B.S. with honors in Psychology from Marist College and a M.S. in Information Management from Syracuse University.
- Other jobs I have had are instructor at community college, a counselor of autistic children, a paramedic, and a 911 dispatcher.
Attendees will order from the menu and pay for their own meal.